Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This Too Shall Pass!

HI everyone! Remember last week when I was anticipating the warmer weather? Well, we were blessed. Last Thursday the temperature reached close to 60 degrees. I loved it! I felt energetic. I managed to get my household chores completed early in the morning. Then I went outside and took a deep breath of the God given fresh air. It was wonderful! I looked around wondering what I could do to enjoy the outside weather. It's January! There is nothing to do in or to the yard...and besides the yard is strictly Mr. Chat's job. In the spring & summer, he won't let me mow...because he says very few people mow the way he does. He won't let me plant flowers...because frankly, I kill every green thing that I touch. That's why I have converted most of my inside plants to plastic ones (SHHHH! On the positive side, I can enjoy the greenery year round. I don't have to feel guilty if I forget to water them. All I have to do is wipe the dust off of them every now and then and I am good to go!!!) Besides he charts out his landscaping very carefully so a second pair of hands is not necessary. ANYWAY!!! After walking around and appearing to my neighbors as if I was lost and confused.... I decided that I needed to do something else. So I jumped in my car and went to Wal-Mart. Yep! That's right folks. That's the way I spent my gift of beautiful outside weather....walking through the inside of Wal-Mart! Aren't we humans pretty silly sometimes?



I should have cherished it more because this is what I woke up to this morning:


and this:





That was just the first wave we had. It is mostly ice & snow. It's not as bad or as deep yet as they said it was going to be...but they keep saying that more is on the way. A big change from 60 degrees, isn't it? But this too shall pass. I know other people in other states have had a very hard winter so far. Our meterologists say the storms that will be hitting us over the next few hours will be headed for the states that have already had their fair share of ice & snow this winter. I will be praying for all of you. And I won't complain about what we are having right now....especially since I squandered the gift we were blessed with last week.



I am going to put on a thick pair of socks and a nice warm sweater....and.... you guessed it....I'm going to brew a pot of coffee and sit back and count my blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment