Thursday, October 31, 2013

New Chapter (and I didn't cry...well, maybe just a little bit)

It had to happen eventually. My baby girl got married. I gotta tell you, that's an emotional rollercoaster for a mom. I'm sure it's the same for all women, regardless of how many daughters they have. But when you only have one daughter, it can be astounding and overwhelming at times.

I promised Chatty I would NOT cry. And by golly...I didn't. Not really! I may have had a moist eye here and there, but I was successful at keeping the water works at bay. You may be wondering how either of us managed to accomplish this major task. SIMPLE. We kept ourselves busy planning the wedding. We never talked about sentimental things. AND we avoided eye contact during the ceremony. Viola! No tears. The only time I almost broke my promise was when I caught a glimpse of her and her dad walking down the aisle. Boy, I almost blew it then. But I recovered by turning around and staring up at the ceiling. By the way, if anyone asks, there are about 101 swirls in each ceiling tile at the church.

I can't wait to see the pictures that the photographer took of the ceremony. Won't I look dashing sitting on the front row with my eyes rolled to the back of my head looking up at the ceiling? How am I going to explain that to any future grandchildren?













6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics Debbie. Your daughter looks so beautiful and everything looks so perfect. I'm glad you had such a great day. I can totally relate to how you felt. Had to laugh at the thought of you checking out the ceiling of the church.... :) Hopefully the photographer will not have that on his pics....haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. If he did, they will probably be the most natural looking poses he snapped. Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment. I always look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter looks so beautiful, like a Princess. The photos are perfect. I love the one where everybody is turned away while she and her new husband kiss. Daughters are very special. I have two and love them with all my heart.
    Thanks for the coffee and pastry. Mostly for the company. Have an awesome day, and thank you for visiting Let's Chat. I greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo! Hullo! I am so glad to see you. Thank you for visiting my page an' leavin' me such a nice welcoming home message. You have no idea how much you did to lift my day. Thank you so very, very much.

    This is truly a beautiful wedding an' I must say, I am proud of you for not cryin', but you're sure gonna' regret that when you see the picture of you staring at the ceiling whilst everyone is watchin' the bride walk down the aisle. Haha

    Nah! You dun good an' it's far more than I coulda' done; lemme' tell you. I jus' dunno' how you managed to have so much self-control. Kudos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos. What a beautiful bride your daughter is. As for not crying: KUDOS, not an easy thing. I'd have to do the same, just not look at my daughter. If i did there would be no way to stop the tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind compliments. Watching a daughter step into a new phase of her life is quite an emotional. It's kind of like leaving her on the first day of Kindergarten. But I guess we all get through it. Of course the first day of kindergarten, a mom can shed a few tears in the privacy of her own car. LOL!

      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts! Have a great and wonderful day!

      Delete