Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Great Finish to a Rocky Start.

After subjecting you to the rantings of a chocolate-deprived lunatic, I thought I would change things up a bit and share something fun.

This afternoon I attended my niece's bridal shower. It was not your ordinary bridal shower, either. This one had a theme. Chatty and two of my nieces are very nostalgic. They love old music. They like most things from the 40s, 50s & 60s. They grew up talking to each other about old clothing fashions, old movies, old cars, etc. When my youngest niece started planning her wedding and asked Chatty to be her Maid of Honor, I suspected things would be a little different from the traditional showers and the usual wedding events. So it didn't surprise me when the Bride-to be's sisters and Chatty announced that they were giving the Bride a 1950s themed Bridal Shower. Chatty is making an album for her cousin that will be full of pictures of every event leading up to the wedding. She left me in charge of her camera for taking pictures of the bridal shower. I was so busy taking pictures with her camera that I didn't have a chance to take many pictures with my camera. But I will pick a few of what I have and share with you.

                                               Chatty applying the Bride-to-be's make-up


                                                The Maid of Honor and the Brides' Maids


                                                                        The Cake


                                                 The Bride-to-Be and her Maid of Honor



                                                     The 50s Diner the girls created




                                                             The Groom's mother




                                                                     The girls again



                                                    My sweet mom. Grandmother of the Bride





                                                   Yes, I had to get my 2 cents in, too.




And last, but certainly not least, this is a prize that I won.. I answered the most questions correctly on one of the games. I got to choose my gift. Of course I picked the Movie Night gift. It has a movie, popcorn, a Coke, a box of some kind of gummy fruit....AND 2 boxes of chocolate. You can rest assured that I won't be having another  melt down tomorrow morning! I won another game, too. I was gracious enough to donate that gift to the bride-to-be....but I refuse to give up my chocolate!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Great pics and a yummy looking gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot looking mama. :) Sounds like a great shower! I wish they would do that over here, our showers are always so boring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, why din't I think of that? That looks like so much fun.

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT'S what I call a very creative and fun shower! I LOVE the diner decorations and the outfits. It's a great way to change things up and have a memorable party. Congrats to the Bride-to-be!
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete